James T. Caillouette, MD
For more information you may visit www.DrCaillouette.com
James T. Caillouette, M.D. is a board certified orthopedic surgeon with Newport Orthopedic Institute, specializing in joint replacement and adult reconstructive surgery of the hip and knee. He has been on staff at Hoag Hospital and in private practice for 22 years.
Dr. Caillouette earned his medical degree from the University of Southern California School of Medicine. He was elected President of Alpha Omega Alpha, the National Medical School Academic Honor Society. He served both his internship and orthopedic residency at the University of California, Irvine. He is a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the immediate past President of the California Orthopaedic Association, a former Director of the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons, a member of the International Society for Technology in Arthroplasty, and a member of the International Society of Computer Assisted Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Caillouette reviews articles for The Journal of Arthroplasty and Clinical Orthopedics and Related Research. He has developed multiple orthopedic devices and instruments over the past 22 years and is currently consulting worldwide for DePuy/Johnson and Johnson.
Dr. Caillouette participates in surgeon education at a national and international level. He has numerous publications in the orthopedic literature. He is currently focused on healthcare economics and reform, along with the design of next generation hip and knee implants.
Dr. Caillouette’s Team
Physician Assistant – Cecil Reyes, PA-C
To learn more about Cecil Reyes, please click here.
Appointment Scheduler – Sharon Crawford
Phone: (949) 722-5000
Fax: (949) 630-4904
Sharon is the appointment scheduler for Dr. Caillouette and Cecil Reyes, PA-C. She is responsible for scheduling office appointments for the doctor and his Physician Assistant. If you have a question about your visit to the office or new-patient paperwork, please contact Sharon directly.
Triage Medical Department
If you have a clinical question about your care, medication, or follow-up needs, please contact the Triage Medical Department.
Phone: (949) 722-5035
Fax: (949) 630-4931
*Please note that due to HIPAA Regulations, we cannot respond to you via email. Once your email is received, you will receive a call from one of our staff members. If you wish to communicate via email only, please log-in to your secure NextMD account here. If you would like to create a NextMD account, please contact our office.
Surgery Scheduler – Monica Martinez
Phone: (949) 722-7038 x3588
Fax: (949) 630-4930
Monica is the Surgery Scheduler for Dr. Caillouette and Cecil Reyes, PA-C. She is responsible for coordinating and scheduling all surgery for the doctor. If you have any questions about your surgery, please contact Monica directly.
- Adult Joint Reconstruction, Primary and Revision Joint Surgery
- Hip and Knee Replacement, Knee Arthroscopy, Arthritis Management
- University of Southern California, School of Medicine : 1983
- University of California, Irvine : 1984
- General Surgery Internship
- University of California, Irvine : 1988
- Orthopedic Residency
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Associate Clinical Professor : 1989
- University of California, Irvine
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery : 1990
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery : 2000
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery: 2011
Languages other than English
In Practice Since
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Diplomate
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery, Fellow
- Western Orthopaedic Association, Fellow
- California Orthopaedic Association
- Orange County Medical Association