Shaunak S. Desai, MD
A native of California, Dr. Shaunak Desai grew up in San Jose, California. He began his education at the University of California, Riverside earning his B.S. in Biology with a minor in Neuroscience. He graduated Magna cum Laude with honors and went on to attend Northwestern University School of Medicine in Chicago, Illinois. After medical school, Dr. Desai completed his Orthopedic Surgery Residency at the Henry Ford Health System, a very busy Level 1 Trauma Center in Detroit, Michigan. During his residency he served as the Administrative Chief Resident and was nominated for Outstanding Resident of the Year.
Dr. Desai returned to California to complete his Hand and Upper Limb Fellowship at Stanford University where he studied under world-renowned plastic and orthopedic trained hand surgeons. During residency, Dr. Desai was a part of Stanford’s investigational center for the treatment of Dupuytren’s disease. He spent significant time studying and treating the disease along with other peripheral nerve injuries. Dr. Desai brings with him to Orange County a brand new non-surgical Collagenase treatment for Dupuytren’s disease.
In his spare time, Dr. Desai enjoys being active, going to the gym, running, softball, and soccer. He is a former F.I.F.A. certified soccer referee. He currently resides in Newport Beach with his wife and young daughter and is looking forward to learning how to surf.
Dr. Desai’s Team
Appointment Scheduler – Carol Deter
Phone: (949) 722-5016
Fax: (949) 630-4945
Carol is the appointment scheduler for Dr. Desai. She is responsible for scheduling office appointments for the doctor. If you have a question about your visit to the office or new-patient paperwork, please contact Carol directly.
Triage Medical Department
If you have a clinical question about your care, medication, or follow-up needs, please contact the Triage Medical Department.
*Please note that due to HIPAA Regulations, we cannot respond to you via email. Once your email is received, you will receive a call from one of our staff members. If you wish to communicate via email only, please log-in to your secure NextMD account here. If you would like to create a NextMD account, please contact our office.
Surgery Scheduler – Sheree Bartlett
Phone: (949) 722-7038 x3590
Fax: (949) 630-4951
Sheree is the Surgery Scheduler for Dr. Desai. She is responsible for coordinating and scheduling all surgery for the doctor. If you have any questions about your surgery, please contact Sheree directly.
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery
- University of California, Riverside
- B.S. Biology – Neuroscience Minor
- Northwestern University School of Medicine:
- Henry Ford Health System: 2009
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery: 2012
- Stanford University Robert E. Chase Hand and Upper Extremity Fellowship : 2010
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Henry Ford Outstanding Resident of the Year – Nominee, 2009
- Detroit Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Best Resident Research Presentation – 2nd Place, 2009
- Best Research Presentation – 2008 Harold Frost Lectureship – Henry Ford Hospital, 2008
- 1st Place – UF Gainesville MSK Pathology “Unknowns” Competition, 2008
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Detroit Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Michigan Orthopaedic Society
- American Medical Association
- Michigan State Medical Society